|Sastha.com, Inc.||Advertising Info, $125 per ad /120 days. Email Job Postings to: Sastha.com, Inc. or Submit Job Posting. Call 313-882-3776 I Add Resume|
Electrician Manufacturing Plant - Northeast Baltimore, MD
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, CO. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
The Baltimore plant was acquired by Ball Corporation in 2006 with the purchase of the United States and Argentinean operations of U.S. Can Corporation. The plant's 22 production lines make a variety of three-piece welded cans, three-piece decorative lockseam tins, drawn seamless tins and three-piece custom tins for the food, paint, cosmetic, bakery and industrial areas.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Performs tasks and provides services to support the plants production goals and overall business plans and objectives as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
· Installs and maintains high-speed, industrial process equipment for can and/or end making: power, lighting, control, and logic circuits for all production process and support equipment.
· Installs all electrical segments in such equipment as gas mixers, burners, de-ionized water units, air compressors, plant air circulation systems, cooling and heating units, ultra sonic cleaners, waxers, and plant lighting.
· Troubleshoots, adjusts, and repairs all electrical equipment, solid state circuits, circuit boards, components, logic boards, transducers, amplifiers, and complex timing and inspection devices.
· Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems and equipment.
· Identifies inefficiencies and potential electrical problems and coordinates through supervisor to resolve.
· Programs logic controls for proper equipment operation.
· Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
· Determines all supplies and tools needed for each assignment.
· May assist in the design, experimentation, and/or installation of all new plant equipment or electrical production procedures.
· Performs clean-up, painting, and housekeeping duties.
· Initiates, reviews, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
· Required to work assigned schedule or 10-hour shifts, Monday through Thursday, working hours/days may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
· Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
· Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
· Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
· Works under general supervision within parameters set by management.
· Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements, and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
· Communicates with the emergency coordinator (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities
· Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by position.
· Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
· Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC, EFP/EM. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
· Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
· Broad training in a related field usually acquired through an associates degree or equivalent in electronics.
· Job-related experience for 3-5 years minimum. 5+ years of experience is strongly preferred.
· Working knowledge of the following areas: all assigned equipment, solid state circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC/DC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, video jet, computers, and inspection and digital devices. Knowledge of hazardous material handling, working in confined spaces and other safety practices, and basic knowledge of national electrical code (NEC).
· Required on-the-job and classroom training.
· Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard electrical techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
· Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
· Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
· Maintains an awareness of and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
· Thorough understanding of the operating principles of all assigned equipment, i.e., electrical test equipment, hand tools, etc. and the ability to use logic to troubleshoot equipment.
· Ability to use basic hand and power tools.
· Ability to use electronic test equipment.
· Possesses an interest in and an aptitude for mechanics, electronics, and electrical.
· Ability to effectively instruct and train other employees.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
To apply, please go to: www.ball.com/careers and enter job number 652551 or here
Refer to http://www.NicheJobs.com when applying for this job
Copyright Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.